Phoenix, AZ – December 7, 2005: The Association of Travel Agents of America (ATAA) recently elected its Board of Directors for 2006. The new Board Directors are:
- Linda Robison of Academy Travel in Colorado Springs, Colorado,
- Paul Seiferth of Terra Travel in Tempe, Arizona,
- Darrin Scheidle of Parkway Travel in El Cajon, California, and
- Robin Speranza of Passport Travel in Scottsdale, Arizona.
“Great strides have been made this past year and we look forward to another banner year dedicated to supporting educational excellence,” said Scott Caddow. “The outstanding leadership skills of those on the Board will help us to continue meeting the needs of both our members and the travel industry as a whole.”
Two Executive Committee members were also re-elected to the Board:
- Scott Caddow of The Cruise Place in San Marcos, California, will be in his second term as ATAA president, and
- Joyce Qualls of Classic Travel in Albuquerque, New Mexico will also be in her third term as secretary.
Returning to their roles as Executive Committee Members will be:
- Treasurer – Yves Leuenberger of Avenues of the World in Flagstaff, Arizona,
- Vice President – Hope Wallace of ADA Travel in Casa Grande, Arizona,
Returning to their roles as Board Directors will be:
- BJ Brooks of Tour West America in Phoenix, Arizona
- Bruce Iacobelli of Architects of Travel in Scottsdale, Arizona, and
- Bonnie Waite of Preferred Travel in Tempe, Arizona.
2006 Educational Program Opportunities
ATAA will be sponsoring educational opportunities throughout the year, including:
- A Series of Webinars – by various travel industry experts
- TRAMS Technology & Marketing University
- Annual Nuts & Bolts Conference
- ATAA Seminar at Sea
- ATAA Annual Meeting & Holiday Celebration
For questions about ATAA visit www.ataa.net or call (888) 550-1195.
The Association of Travel Agents of America is a professional association that provides leadership in the travel sellers industry by empowering, strengthening, educating and supporting its members. Founded in 1983 as a regional organization, ATAA has significant membership in the western US and is growing to serve travel sellers nationwide by providing education and training tools to help members be more successful. More information about ATAA is available at www.ataa.net, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (888) 550 1195.