Irving, TX – December 20, 2011 – Hotels can now book group room blocks via their website or call center with the new Genares™ Group Blocks capabilities. “It’s an important step we took to ensure our services fully meet customer needs,” said Debra Taube, senior vice president of development for Genares. “We listened and studied our customers’ comments and incorporated them into our robust solution.”
Genares’ Group Blocks feature allows the hotels to set aside a number of rooms from the general inventory to be sold at a group rate. The feature also allows them to set up customized messages and information geared specifically toward those who are booking the group block. Other key features of the Group Block function include:
- Inventory can she shared or blocked/reserved from general inventory to control where the room block will appear in the booking channels and help control the rate against which the block is sellable
- Block controls provide hotel more control over rules and dates
- Ability to manage discounts, amenities and room types
- Availability calendar and reporting features for easy display of rooms books and rooms available
- Easy access to attendee list and event set up information for group coordinators via hotel’s website booking engine
The Group Block feature is available now and is provided at no charge to Genares customers. Demonstrations of the Group Block functionality and features are available by contacting Debra Taube at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Genares Worldwide Reservation Services, Ltd.
Genares is the lodging industry’s only privately-held reservations technology provider and was created by hoteliers for hoteliers. Genares’ services include GDS and Internet connectivity, a private-label Internet booking engine, social media marketing, Facebook-based booking capabilities, web-based CRS with two-way XML property management system interfaces, and private-label voice reservations/call center services. Genares is headquartered in Irving, Texas, with offices in Europe, Dubai and Asia. More information about Genares is at www.genares.com or by contacting Debra Taube at email@example.com.